Today is 9 years since I started this blog. Year 9 was super productive. I wrote 40 blog posts, gave Browserling a new look, took the company to the next level, launched web developer tools, launched a new webcomic about programmers, became hacker-in-residence at hackers/founders, wrote a ton of code and had a lot of fun.
In this post I'll quickly summarize last year's statistics. Here are links to previous years' stats: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 years of blogging.
Here's traffic statistics for Jul 1, 2015 - Jun 30, 2016:
My blog had 1.11 million visitors and 1.37 million page views. I wrote 40 blog posts. Here are the top 10 most read articles:
- My Top 100 Programming, Computer and Science Books: Part Four (99,108 views)
- Frameworks don't make much sense (74,966 views)
- My 100 Favorite Programming, Computer and Science Books: Part Five (62,732 views)
- Announcing Programmer Tools! (51,446 views)
- Three new web cartoons - Cookie Monster, Browser History, Bathroom (48,534 views)
- Browserling now has an Opera add-on! (48,462 views)
- How to make setTimeout and setInterval work with large timeout values (48,007 views)
- Browserling now has bookmarklets! (47,514 views)
- New cartoon - Java Cafe (47,206 views)
- I was awarded Blogger of the Day title (47,177 views)
My personal favorites:
- Frameworks don't make much sense.
- Announcing Programmer Tools.
- One Weird Old Productivity Tip.
- Announcing a new webcomic - comic.browserling.com.
- Browserling was product of the day on Product Hunt.
- Browserling's browser extensions for Opera, Firefox, Chrome and Safari, and Browserling's bookmarklets.
- 370 days of commits.
- Most off-putting introduction to a new technology.
Goals for 10th blogging year:
- Publish parts 6, 7, 8 of my favorite books.
- Maintain 1 million visitors.
- Keep building awesome stuff at Browserling.
Looking forward to a decade of blogging and until next time!