I've been building a winning project after a winning project and my secret to success is using technology that I know really well and avoiding anything new.
I get things done using the following tech:
- Windows 7 – compact gui and no reboots or ads in the start menu.
- Total Commander – files are first class objects.
- Notepad.exe – .1 second startup time.
- Mspaint.exe – .1 second startup time and pixel perfect graphics.
- Slackware Linux – I know it and it works, no systemd bullshit.
- PHP 5 – I know it and my code from 1999 still works.
- HTML 4 – I know it and my templates from 1999 still work.
- CSS 2 – I know it and my styles from 1999 still work.
- MySQL – I know it and it works.
- Screen – I know it and it works.
Use technology you know well and you will be building successful projects, too. Or, use React or other new bullshit, and you will not build a thing as you will spend all day deleting node_modules directories rather than shipping and releasing.
See you next time!